I hope each of you had brought in the New Year (safely) with Style, Grace, and Goals!
Alot of people have the misconception that January 1, 2018 is going to be LIT for them with the “New Year, New Me” attitude.
While I hope that is the case for you and your pursuits and your paypal/stripe is popping, you’re booking clients, getting features, selling out of your inventory and more in 2018.
However, let me break the curse and state this….do not allow the New Year to be the ONLY time you have a renewed mindset and do new things!
According to Business Insider, 80% of new year resolutions fail by February (just one month afterward).
If you want full break down of New Year Resolutions that fail, check out these stats from StatisticsBrain.
As you are constantly evolving in your respective pursuits, you should be on “New Day, New Opportunity” mindset because each day presents something new…in the form of connections, lessons learned, “ah-ha”and “spur of the moments”.
If you want to start putting in motion now for next quarter, check out my blog post “3 Simple ways to prepare for Next Quarter NOW!”
So, with all this being said and with 2018 NOW here,
I want to share FIVE ways to ensure you are in alignment with the “New Day, New Opportunities” concept for 2018.
And the great thing is the five ways I am going to share do not ONLY apply for January 1, but for ANY day of the year!
So, let’s get to it!
1. WRITE (yes, WRITE) down your Goals! This is a critical step! You want to be sure to write down your goals and place them somewhere that is visible for you to see every day. When you reference your goals (that are written down), this helps with: holding yourself accountable, assessing your progress, and review accordingly. Remember, Without a written plan, you are just “free-balling” and they don’t exist. Here are some tech savvy tools to document your goals: Google Keep, Trello, OneNote
2. Break down your “BIG PICTURE” goals and get S.M.A.R.T.! S.M.A.R.T as in Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely goals as this will aid in keeping momentum throughout the year and you are able to further break down your goals to tackle quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily. To start, assess your short and long-term goals. If you are only focusing on the “big picture” long-term goals, then you can possibly neglect or overlook the short-term goals. Therefore, make sure you have a strategic plan on accomplishing the short-term goals to align with long term goals.
3. Do something you have been scared to do in the past this year! We all have been scared to try or do something outside of our comfort zone. This year, regardless of what stage you are in let GO of that fear and do ONE thing you have been afraid to do in the past. Whether it is sky-diving (did you know some locations offer indoor skydiving, that is an alternative), linking up with a mastermind group, attending networking events, starting or revamping a business, etc. Whatever you have been afraid to do in the past (past=yesterday or beyond), incorporate the points made above in #1 & #2 and lets kick-ass this year and just DO it!
4. Find innovative ways to Get the JOB Done! We all are striving in our pursuits and fulfilling personal responsibilities, however, we all travel through our journey in various ways, endure different or similar trials and tribulations. Therefore, find a new or revamp your strategy to accomplish the goals. For example, if you stated “you do not have enough time in the day to workout, yet you want to lose weight”, how would you get innovative to still align with your weight goals? Maybe you could: take the stairs instead of the elevator, speed walk around the building, bring a jump rope and do it outside, empty room, or non-busy hallway, workout during lunch. The same applies in your respective pursuits. YOu may have to get creative and innovative in your approach.
5. Patience Child! Remember when your Mom, Dad, Grandparents or elder told you to “be patient child” when you REALLY wanted something? Well, the same is applicable in building upon your new opportunities based on your goals and progress, be patient as the journey is not an overnight success. There will be good times, headaches, and times you want to throw in the towel (incorporating BurnOut Moments helps with balance). But stay persistent and remain patient. You are planting the roots to start budding to then blossom into your own, which takes time and patience.
I am also incorporating these same five points into my personal life as well as my business! I want to hear what you have brewing
SO, for the full 2018 year, I want you to be on your “New Day, New Opportunity” to go out and tackle your goals and push beyond your fears.
If you are ready to push further, tackle goals and have some help on a monthly basis, be sure to sign up for the ACCELERATE mailing list! Inside the Accelerate mailing list, you receive strategic direction, insight on my journey, special offers, monthly BIZ drills (my people put in work and they work) and straight to the point tips to help you accelerate in your pursuits!
[maxbutton id=”17″ ]
Happy 2018! Let’s make each day a new day with new opportunities…TOGETHER!
2 thoughts on “5 Ways to Take Action for New Day, New Opportunities in 2018.”
#3 is my favorite. So often we allow fear to keep us from even making the first step towards our goals. I heard this speaker say that when you are growing, you are jumping from fear to fear because you are going from one level to the next. Your previous level/fear should always be preparing you for the next.
I love that Jameela! That is a true statement as we grow in our respective paths. Please share the speaker or video so I can watch as well!